#39 – 9-volt

Tags: , ,

0 thoughts on “#39 – 9-volt”

  1. Zealous says:

    DEAR GOD! Is the man being paid HUGE sums of money or is he just plain dumb?

  2. R Cross says:

    I believe this is the first time I’ve seen his eye with a pupil,his teeth too.

  3. Calthin says:

    Zealous, this comic is basically fantasy version of the Darwin Awards.

  4. Jetman123 says:

    People actually TEST 9-volt batteries like that? Like, just to see if they work? I only do it because the jolt makes my tongue go pleasurably numb. Pizza is _so_ much better.

    *enjoys the thought of everybody staring at this comment*

  5. Yeti XXL says:

    Sure you can test it – only once…

  6. Psychosis says:

    Natural Selection.

  7. Kitteh says:

    been there, done that

  8. Rogue Psyker says:

    “Hmmm, extremely high voltage… I wonder what that tastes like?”

  9. Kardas says:

    It tastes like pain and death!

  10. vivisquallcloud says:

    electricity delicious?
    thats what Kaolla Su from Love Hina anime would say…

  11. colin says:

    tried it with a handcrank generator light socket (young and stupid, obviously) couldn’t taste for a week

  12. Chuck says:

    I laughed so hard at Rogue Psyker’s comment, oh god!

  13. chum says:

    oh noes! now he has to start over with growing eyebrows and a moustache again! 0__0 hehe i’m glad i’ve never been shocked that badly.

  14. Ela says:

    I find this hilarious, it’s the best one coming from the beginning.

  15. Kentan says:

    Rogue Psyker- xD

  16. Malachite Dragon says:

    I think he’s being paid quite large sums of money to BE stupid…why else could he afford to make all that he does (see later comics)?

  17. zantarath says:

    That sounds very painful. Like the time I stuck a paper clip in between the prongs on a car battery. My hand would twitch randomly for a week, and I still can’t write straight.

  18. Female Fox Furry says:


  19. Break Man says:

    Also he’s a cartoon.

  20. the red rule says:

    i once accidnetly chewed trough a head phone cable, know i know electrcity tastes good, if your togue muscle contarcts it goes back, and where all teh nerves in my teeth are

  21. Mint Sharpie says:

    Ah, but fire tastes like bacon!!!
    (reference to an obscure sprite comic, don’t go thinking I’m crazy or anything… o.o; )

  22. DemonRex says:

    Ansem Retort. And you are worng, fire merely tastes of AGONY.

  23. anteaters stole my sanity says:

    I have been electrocuted four times by virtue of being stupid enough to touch the metal part of the plug on a lamp while it was halfway in the outlet. Half of the times I did it on purpose cause it made me feel all tingly.

  24. Game Boy. Advanced? says:

    I once tried to get a lightbulb to light up by touching it to the exposed ends of a cut plug. I was having trouble because one of the ends was still wrapped in the plastic, so I decided to chew the plastic off. I completely forgot to unplug the thing from the extension cord I was using to get the electricity to the lightbulb.

    Maybe that’s what’s wrong with me?

  25. Darkpheonix XIII says:

    yes. yes it is.

  26. TomCC says:

    Car battery? dunno, but 12V seems a little too weak to actually do anything to your hand… It can however burn the paperclip, lead-acid batteries have crazy current output if shorted. Then again, i do know this guy who says he gets jolted from a car battery… Maybe too much salt in the body.

  27. Radical Edward says:

    Ouch! Can’t believe he did that!

  28. Macabelle says:

    When I was younger, I liked the taste of metal. One day I put one end of a cell phone charger in my mouth, not realizing that my dad had forgot to unplug it.


    1. spidercow says:

      seriously? I’ve done that before. here, my cell phone charger is right next to me, let me just- hmmm… well that was pathetic. nothing happened. It just tasted like plastic. Maybe i should unplug the cell phone first…
      okay, lemme try it now.
      oOOOoooOOhhh, that feels funnnnny! It’s kinda sourish, like a lemon, but it’s all tingly, like licking a 9-volt.

  29. ThePhill says:

    I gots horses. I play with the 300-acre electric fence generator that we stuck on our 10 acre pasture all the time. I melted my tongue to it once and shorted it out.
    Thankfully I was rather close to the box. My tongue is still kinda forked. Wounds opening and cauderizing instaneously does not taste good.

  30. thejubster says:

    Break Man

    WAIT!?????? Biff’s a cartoon???? Not an incredibly rubber, immortal, and insane man whose biography is written in The Book of Biff.

  31. REwhite says:

    TomCC: it’s not the voltage that kills you, it’s the amperage.

  32. rockerofsocks says:

    his eyes…..they are open!
    tis a holy miracle!

  33. Marlow says:

    Wow, I’ve done that. Trying to rework the wiring of the TV and peripherals and didn’t have an extra hand for a 5v adapter. I saw blue for a while.

  34. Colin says:

    i plan on never doing that having touch mains voltages pretty much everyday for the last few years i’d much rather keep it away from my mouth.

  35. Pom Rania says:

    Our dog once bit an electrical wire. It took a piece out of his tongue, poor puppy.

  36. Deteramot says:

    Strangely enough, we have a dog who chews on wires. But she has never been damaged by them… even when they were plugged in.

  37. diesel says:

    omg, this is classic

  38. Aleri Aleri says:


  39. gurgi says:

    one…two…ZZZZZZAAAP, one guess to what movie reference this is

  40. gurgi says:

    eyebrows gone, teeth and eyes showing, who wants to give Biff CPR?

  41. Opaque Destiny says:

    Movie reference?
    Jurassic Park.

  42. JustJoe says:

    1. A 12v auto battery will put out enough current (amperage) to weld with, but only for a short time. It is also enough amperage to seriously injure you.

    2. The reason 110vac 60Hz is so dangerous is that contact both freezes your muscles and causes the heart to go into fibrillation. In the military, we were told that it is the deadliest voltage.

    3. During my military career, we had one individual who regularly tested for 28vdc control voltage with his tongue. The theory was that he had been shocked so many times that he could barely feel the 28vdc.

  43. naithan says:

    kill joy

  44. Hornswaggler says:

    Mint Sharpie said:
    Ah, but fire tastes like bacon!!!

    x3 First thing that pops into my head; “Professy help! … AAAAH Fire indeed hot!”

  45. MrD says:

    If he checks his mains electrics daily by eating them, that would explain Biff’s lack of hair and the vast, crackling eyebrows.

  46. Lt_amazil says:

    H my god biff actually has eyes!!!!

  47. Gwidlet says:

    Ah, I see. Biff IS blind – or at least, is now.

  48. Jerus says:

    I once stuck my tongue in an surge protector and when i came to i was literally across the room and in between me and the opposite wall there was an bed 2-3 feet off the floor so i must have folded up and slid under

  49. spidercow says:

    somewhere in the newer comics, there is another comic where Biff actually opens his eyes. Chris whateverface said that there are actually 2 comics where he opens his eyes-I HAVE FOUND IT

Leave a Reply to gurgi Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *