My first regular job with a paycheck was at a lighting store. Part of my duties was to unpack and install light fixtures on the display floor. At the back of the store behind the counter was a grid of light switches that could turn power on or off to different sections of the displays. At first I was very paranoid and diligent about turning the power off before working in that area. Luckily I was trained to treat all wires like they were live. It was quite surprised one day after I finished installing a ceiling light. I went behind the counter to flip the power back on only to realize that it had been on the whole time. The next time I did that my luck had ran out and I got a nice jolt of electricity into my body. I managed to stay on the ladder and didn’t fall into the crowd of hanging lights that surrounded me. I only shocked myself twice in the 3 years I worked there.