Back when we first met I was visiting my future wife at her apartment. We were in her bedroom talking when her roommate burst into the room yelling “The toaster is on fire!” I ran into the kitchen to see orange flames and smoke pouring out of the top of the toaster. I quickly unplugged it and tossed it into the sink and flooded it with water. Apparently the toaster strudel she was making jammed into the toaster when it was supposed to pop up and it came into direct contact with the hot coils. Needless to say, they had to get another toaster.